[Sidefx-houdini-list] COP bright broken?

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Fri Jul 28 09:33:04 EDT 2006

I think I started this thread and I agree and with every point you
make here.

But... In the hope of being positive and proactive in our effort to
get what many of us are looking for (Stable COPs), I think we need
not just to complain, but use the sesi support pipeline we (or our
bosses) are all paying for, and pump every buggy COP .hip we find
into the support system.

I sent the bright COP problem .hip to support, Mark looked over the
file and discovered that the problem was in the way frame range
behaves in the latest release. I know its a small thing, but at  3AM
when your trying to finish up a shot to make deadline its always the
little things that get us!

 From Mark"

"Any COP is *supposed* to automatically extend its frame range to
accommodate larger keyframe animations - I guess this is not working.
With all the changes to channels and parms in 8, I can't say I'm
entirely surprised."

Mark's quick response  reminded me that  sesi does care about  this
issue and without our problem .hips it will probably take the
developers much longer to get COPs in working order-

btw, you do not need to include source images, a lot can be gleaned
from the raw .hip which as we all know if really easy to blast off to
support-

Hope this makes sense!

Jed-