[Sidefx-houdini-list] COP bright broken?

Paul Simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Fri Jul 28 08:56:40 EDT 2006

Add many years of screams from Realise too.  COP's is in an absolutely abysmal
state right now.  We find ourselves running COP's on Houdini 7 just in order
to get some semblance of stability.

The thing I just dont understand is that even the most basic things aren't
seeming to work.  So a simple comp with some colour correction, roto splines,
witha few layers and you're into a world of pain.

We have wasted countless hours trying to workaround all the issues.  We just
need COPs to be STABLE!  I'd forgo lots of new fancy cosmetic features in
Houdini 9 just to get a compositor that works.  COP's have been around for
years now - it really is up to Sesi to get this working - and test
themselves.  I'm tired of "beta" testing a 4+ year old part of the system
that should be mature by now.  Especially after all the hype we were fed...

COP's is vitally important to us, and it's obviously been put on the back
burner at Sesi for way too long...  As a long time Houdini advocate, I must
say I'm extremely disappointed with the whole episode...  Not upto Sesi's
usual high QA standards.