[Sidefx-houdini-list] COP bright broken?

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Wed Jul 26 12:56:44 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 12:17, Jed Schwartz wrote:

> could send to support- I can't get the same results until the cop
> gets more complex-

	That's certainly possible.

> It's tough to send the entire source lib to
> support- Not sure that unless they had the same sys set up (graphics
> card etc.) they would get the same results-?

	To me, when I hear what you described(you animate the brightness, it stops
updating?), that's unrelated to the graphics card.  Most site-specific stuff,
for that matter.  If you're getting odd display artefacts, but you can save
out with a ROP, that's hardware related, but what you're describing sounds
like something I should be able to repro here.

	I do agree that sometimes it's impractical to send a 300-node COPnet, though.
Also, it's my understanding that debugging COP issues like this is the single
toughest thing for them to do since they need to match the input files in
size/bit depth/format.  That's a lot of work to repro, in most cases.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada