[Sidefx-houdini-list] COP bright broken?

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Wed Jul 26 12:17:47 EDT 2006

Hi John,

I'm running  8.1.655 linux Ent4

I agree that this is the logical way to go about it, and I have sent
my share of files to SESI.
It seems (maybe I'm wrong, god knows I'm not sure about this) that
many of the compositing issues are site system specific-  They also
usually crank up as the node count in your cop goes up- I spent an
hour this AM trying to narrow the bright bug down to a simple file I
could send to support- I can't get the same results until the cop
gets more complex- It's tough to send the entire source lib to
support- Not sure that unless they had the same sys set up (graphics
card etc.) they would get the same results-?

I know this is a complex issue, but as Floyd said, the stability was
there is rel 7-
Seems well worth the effort to address these issues now so we will
have a production proof H-Compositor  in the future-

Thanks,

Jed-