[Sidefx-houdini-list] COP bright broken?

Simon Barrick simon at primalpictures.com
Wed Jul 26 11:28:59 EDT 2006

Well I've seen stuff in the change logs that claims to have fixed an
issue where cops was constantly re-reading off disk any file cops. That
was really killing us, couldn't find any memory cache settings that
would fix it. So if this is fixed and Cops is as fast in H8.1 as H7 then
cool. But if not its just not workable. Simple networks with a few file
cops in them can take up to 10 minutes just to play through one
displayed file cop reading no more than a couple of 100 frames. I know
that's negative but its the truth. If this is fixed then yippee! but it
sounds like maybe it isn't...  which is worrying. But I haven't tried
the lastest cut yet, so I'm not screaming til I see it, but if I see it
i'll send something off so they can fix it.