[Sidefx-houdini-list] COP bright broken?

Peter Robbinson probbins at corefa.com
Wed Jul 26 10:03:16 EDT 2006

Shake is stable, we are using it here. The problem is you need to buy
Mac hardware, Apple rigged the licensing cost so using the linux version
is userous.
Keep in mind also Apple has stopped development of Shake in favour of
some new thing next year. So you'll be back in the bug cycle again.

I'd like to see a concerted screaming match with Sidefx by the user
base, to put more resources towards the compositor. We can have all the
bells and whistles we
like in the rest of Houdini, but pay day comes out of the composit.

PeterR

Peter Robbinson
Trainer
robbinson at coredp.com
probbins at corefa.com

Core Digital Pictures
http://www.coredp.com/

                                                                           "everything is coincident"
                                                                    "Love: a state of suspended anticipation"