[Sidefx-houdini-list] voxel renderer (shameless plug)

Peter Baldwin peter_and_emily at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 25 12:12:33 EDT 2006

What follows is a shameless plug for my Houdini plugin the 5x5 Voxel
Renderer. I'm going to be at Siggraph all next week so if you'd like a
demo, and if I haven't arranged to meet you yet, please get in touch
with me (Peter) on enquiry at myrtlesoftware.com. For more details please
visit http://www.myrtlesoftware.com/index.php/fivebyfive.

Trying to produce spectacular volumetric effects? You should be using
the 5x5 Voxel Renderer!

Myrtle Software's 5x5 Voxel Renderer is the world's first commercial
voxel renderer capable of producing all the intermediate images required
for production quality volumetric effects like smoke, clouds, fire and
splashing water. It is uniquely designed to give you a higher level of
control, allowing you to preview effects as they are constructed - at
any resolution. This means you can flip-book the look and motion of your
effect in a realistic time before you render.  Its resolution
independent method of describing volumetric effects provides a unique
artist-friendly work flow allowing you to build seriously complex effects!

5x5 Features and Benefits
    *Completely scalable! Volumetric stamping feature allows you to use
existing volumetrics as elements
    *Simple deep shadow map generation for all volumetrics created -
even stamped effects
    *Simple object matte generation - no need to re-render the
volumetric every time an object's path through it changes
    *Comprehensive visual feedback includes view-port volumetric
previews and front-to-back OpenGL preview renders
    *Unique resolution independent method of describing volumetric
effects allows you to combine effects in complex new ways
    *Multi-pass renderer - produces a collection of key images, masks
and mattes enabling lighting to be controlled in a composite after rendering
    *Simple to integrate into any existing pipeline