[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini on the COLLADA Forum

Robert Vinluan rvinluan at sidefx.com
Tue Jul 25 10:05:26 EDT 2006

Side Effects Software is pleased to announce that Houdini has been added
as a 'Partner' package to the public COLLADA forums:
http://www.collada.org

This gives SESI reserved space for making announcements on Houdini and
its increasing COLLADA support directly to the COLLADA community.

Also, we will be participating in the upcoming COLLADA BOF at SIGGRAPH.
This event takes place on Wednesday Aug 2 from 6pm-8pm at the Boston
Convention and Exhibition Center, Room 206A.

Here is a description of the BOF:
"This is a new event, that will bring COLLADA users and future users
together in a social event (Free beer!) where new users can talk with
more experienced users and developers! There may be a short presentation
at the beginning to get the event started and for announcements. The
room will be set-up as a mini show room, not as a class room, where
people can freely visit the various demonstrations of COLLADA technology."

Feel free to drop by and say hello.  We will be giving demos of the
COLLADA importer in Houdini 8.1.  This will be a good opportunity for
users to provide feedback and suggestions on the current and future
development of COLLADA in Houdini.