[Sidefx-houdini-list] Re: Post-Siggraph Summer Houdini Courses / AND Siggraph Party Plug

Sean Jensen xean at xensen.com
Fri Jul 21 14:17:59 EDT 2006

For those of you who haven’t had the benefit of Garman’s instruction, you
don’t know what you’re missing.  The man gets results.  I know many of you
are thinking – but Dallas is so far away!  Put it on the web!  Having
worked with him, having seen his training in action, and having hired many
of his students, I can tell you that the trip would be well worth your
time.  Time spent with Garman is gold.

And Dallas isn’t some remote island in a flyover state.  The Ant Bully,
the second Houdini-based CG feature of 2006 (or ever, for that matter) was
done here, and that’s just the start.  If you want to know some of the
other action that’s going to be happening in the BigD in upcoming months,
stop in at the ReelFX/Animation Mentor happy hour at Lucky’s Lounge (55
Congress St in South Boston) anytime from 4 to 7 on Tuesday, Aug 1 –
plenty of time to gather before the Houdini party.  If you haven’t heard
about ReelFX yet, check out www.reelfx.com to get acquainted.

Shameless plug, yes, but hey – they’re great guys, it’s a cool place to
hang out, and there’s BEER there.  Just sayin’.

-sj