[Sidefx-houdini-list] Modeling lines from existing geometry
danteallegria at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 20 03:56:43 EDT 2006
--- Floyd Gillis <floyd at afcg.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to interactively build lines from an existing polygonal
> by snapping from point to point. I thought "curve" would be the
> function to use, but it doesn't see the existing data. "Polyknit"
> functions exactly as I'd like, but it doesn't make lines.
Hmm ... seems to work on my simple case:
- Put down a Torus SOP from the viewer
- Put down a Curve SOP from the viewer
- Turn off the footprint (purple) flag on the torus and turn on its
template instead because I only want to snap to it and not pick from
- Turn on snapping. Double-check the snapping options that I'm only
snapping to points and that Apply To: "Templates" is enabled.
- Click near an existing point on the torus. It seemed to snap ok.
- At first, I couldn't see the curve I was building (because I was
overlying exactly the same edges?). I had to switch to wireframe view
to see the curve.
- I also tried changing the template display option from wireframe to
something else to see the torus better. It would still snap to the
obscured points though.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list