[Sidefx-houdini-list] Modeling lines from existing geometry

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 03:53:12 EDT 2006

Hey Floyd
    Actually,Curve is what you want, but getting it to use the
existing data is the least intuitive thing in Houdini, ever, and
that's saying a lot!!
     What you have to do is open the Snap dialog at the top of the
viewport, and turn on Snap Consolidate. Then, of course, turn on
Snapping. now when you draw your curve in the viewport and snap to the
points, the Curve SOP will be wired into the SOP containing the
original geometry and if you modify the original geometry, the curve
will follow.

Cheers,

Peter B