[Sidefx-houdini-list] Re: CHOPs to Keyframes? (case# 6953)

Angel Alladina angel at sidefx.com
Mon Jul 17 15:25:31 EDT 2006

Hi Jeff,

Sorry. Skipped that part.  Peter is correct.  Or if you really don't
want to write to disk, you could write a little script as follows:

for i = $FSTART to $FEND step 1
   chkey -f $i -v `chopf("/obj/model/chopnet1/wave1/chan1",$i)`
/obj/model/tx
end
chrefit /obj/model/tx

To look up channel values at each frame and  stuff them into  your
parameter  then refit it.   Also since  the for loop command takes an
increment (see "help for" in the textport), you could look up channel
values to higher precision.

Another approach could also be to write your chanel information to disk
as a .chn file directly from the CHOP, then parse the lines of that .chn
file into chkey commands as the information in both is concommitant

regards,
angel