[Sidefx-houdini-list] RE: Side Effects software crashes X windows on SUSE 10.1

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Jul 10 10:07:33 EDT 2006

On Friday 07 July 2006 00:17, Caleb J. Howard wrote:
> FWIW, I'm running FC4 with an ATI FireGL X1 for some years now
> (previously FC3, FC2), and I haven't noticed any problem since a way
> back - over a year.  What problems should I watch for, John?  I have a
> newer NVidia card that I salvaged from a dying machine, but haven't
> bothered to put it in my main box.  I will do so if there's reason to,
> though.

	Well, if you're having no troubles, then there's nothing to do.  I do know
that you shouldn't be seeing any X session crashes, though.  If you do, you
should consider changing, otherwise if it ain't broke...  Graphics drivers at
the best of times are a combination of a specific card and driver version.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada