[Sidefx-houdini-list] user group meeting

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Mon Jul 10 09:56:49 EDT 2006

The plan to take the "User Group meeting" on the post-SIGGRAPH "Road
Show"  sounds more like a dog and pony sales show than a sit down
open exchange between the users and the development team.

It doesn't look like  Boston, New York, Torino, Manchester, Auckland,
Milano Minneapolis, etc.... are on the stop list for the road show.
Are we all supposed to travel to the nearest "host" city or country
to participate-?

Where else does SESI have the opportunity to sit down with a
comprehensive gathering of houdini users from across the globe? If
I'm not mistaken, this is the first Siggraph since the Prisms days
that SESI has not hosted a meeting at the conference.

Having not been to Siggraph for several years I don't know how
productive or useful the past few meetings have been, I'm interested
to hear how others feel about this-

Thanks!

Jed-