[Sidefx-houdini-list] RE: Side Effects software crashes X windowson SUSE 10.1

Doug Struthers dragonfly at dougstruthers.com
Thu Jul 6 15:01:51 EDT 2006

Thanks everyone for all the responses.

To answer your question John:

	One one machine we have a GeForce FX 5900 Ultra that displayed the
difficulty until we put the most recent Nvidia for Xorg driver on it.  I
have not used the workstation very much since we installed the driver but it
appears to be ok now.

	The others are nodes that I don't need much out of other than mplay.
It has an ATI mach 64 GR card and the driver is mesa project 1.2.  It worked
for a couple seconds after the driver was installed, then stopped working.
Now it behaves just like it did before.

Cheers

Doug

Doug Struthers