[Sidefx-houdini-list] RE: Side Effects software crashes X

Jason Ang jason.ang at corefa.com
Thu Jul 6 14:38:56 EDT 2006

Where do I sign up for the support group?  Our systems group probably has
blacklisted me by now.  ;-)

RedHat 7.3
Latest NVIDIA drivers (tried a whole bunch of drivers prior)
GeForce 6800 Ultra
Twinview
2.4.32 kernel

The problem only occurred when we upgraded my kernel from 2.4.18-4 to 2.4.32.
Nothing else changed other than kernel compile and install.  Removing Houdini
fragment shader support didn't help neither.

Mplay crashes the system or puts X in a 100% CPU usage state when run on an
image larger than random(seed) x random(seed).  Prior to kernel upgrade, mplay
also put X in a 100% CPU usage but was no where as often as after the kernel
upgrade.  Due to other interactions, downgrading the kernel is not an option.

j.out