[Sidefx-houdini-list] OdForce Recently Hacked

Rob Pieké pieke at corefa.com
Thu Jul 6 11:57:41 EDT 2006

> Is there a way around having to
> reinsall my applications, say just installing windows on top of
> itself?

 From my experience, this is a totally hit and miss approach. Sometimes
it cleans up all the bad stuff and leaves all your applications still
working. Sometimes it leaves all the bad stuff and causes your
applications to stop working. Try it if you're going to start again
anyway as, if it does work, it's a LOT faster than reformatting and
reinstalling everything.

My suggestion, moving forwards, is to store an image of your drive on a
DVD when you've got your computer in a state you like. Being able to
restore your computer to a clean working condition in 5 minutes is
awesome :)

Cheers!