[Sidefx-houdini-list] OdForce Recently Hacked

Marc Horsfield march at imageworks.com
Thu Jul 6 11:29:24 EDT 2006

The biggest problems with Trojans is that a lot of them self replicate
under a different name when they're on your machine. So getting rid of
one doesn't neccessarily mean it's gone. Often you need to run multiple
adware/spyware programs to catch these things. I had one once where I
had to download an exe that was targeted specifically to that trojan.

Generally though a combination of, ccleaner, spybot, adaware and the
microsoft one should get rid of almost everything. At the least they
will identify what you have so that you can target it better.

Having said that though, there's nothing better than a fresh
installation of windows.

And unless you downloaded the wmf file from odforce and actually ran it,
then there's no way that would've been the one to infect your pc.

Cheers
Marc