[Sidefx-houdini-list] OdForce Recently Hacked

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Thu Jul 6 09:06:55 EDT 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 00:27, Anthony C wrote:
> found all kinds of Trojan and Virus warnings.  Also I am all of a
> sudden getting messages to Reactivate Windows (could this be part of a
> virus or Trojan?)...the one I can not seem to find any info on is
> named:

	tough position.  Essentially with all the crap surrounding MS's boneheaded
decision with the WGA "spyware", they're just recently updated it so it
doesn't phone home every day.  This shouldn't be related to reactivating
windows, however.  To add to this, there was a worm that hit recently which
was a "response" to the WGA business, where it mimicked WGA.  It's possible
that's what you've got.  However, I'm unsure that's related to the odforce
hack.  You've already been pretty infected, apparently outside of odforce, so
I'm not sure it's relevant.

	It's up to you, but personally I keep Windows pretty clean and if I were to
ever find myself infected with as many problems as you've cleaned, I never
trust the cleanup program, just backup my data, nuke the disk for morbid and
reinstall.  Windows needs it every couple of years anyway just due to
registry bloat.

	Btw, the best AV out there is www.nod32.com.  They've got the best record,
and best of all zero bloat, such as NAV.  Awesome program that completely
flies below the mainstream media radar and is used by IT professionals in the
know.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada