[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK and help with Primitive groups...

Kickaha kickaha at ponto-dot.com
Thu Jul 6 08:06:59 EDT 2006

Hello to all,

 I have just installed HDK and it is looking very sharp, but i must
admit i'm having a bit of a problem with some basic stuff. My first
attempt is to create a SOP to export polygonal geometry (it's a basic
project just to get to know hdk).

 I managed to output the data including texture coordinates but i
needed to split the data in one of two ways:

a) Output point data separated by the shader they are using
b) Output point data separated by existing Primitive groups

Now that's where all my troubles start. How can i get a list of all
existing Primitive groups? Will i need to resort to dynamic_cast for
that? And is there a way to get a list of shaders being used besides
traversing all primitives and checking it's attribute?

Sorry for such fumb questions but i've been looking at the docs for
several hours and got nowhere. Thanks to all in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Kickaha