[Sidefx-houdini-list] RE: Side Effects software crashes X

Paul Simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Thu Jul 6 06:16:04 EDT 2006

We've had some similar nightmare problems with Houdini's stability.  I haven't
enabled the new XGl extensions - so I've discounted them.  However, Houdini
and Mantra is regularly freezing X windows on our Suse 10.1 and 10.2 systems.
I've also disabled the GL fragment shaders and set mplay to "best
compatibility" - still getting 10+ crashes a day which is of course
unacceptable.  Sesi know about this...

One thing I've found that always crashes mplay/X is opening 2k film plates.

Sorry to hear your experiencing the same problems - although glad that we're
not alone - this needs to get fixed ASAP.  Anyone else experiencing similar
problems out there???