[Sidefx-houdini-list] RE: Side Effects software crashes X

Calin Casian calin at sidefx.com
Wed Jul 5 22:15:43 EDT 2006

I just installed SUSE 10.2 and have the same problem. I believe the
issue is due to the new XGL extensions. I enabled XGL and Houdini
won't even start (it says that I don't have GLX extension, I was told
that the link to the GL library might be broken or is pointing to a
wrong one) but when I disabled the XGL Houdini starts but X crashes
after a short while.

calin