[Sidefx-houdini-list] Subdivision surfaces and normal raster

Jean-Claude Nouchy jclaude at mimgfx.com
Fri Jan 20 12:44:41 EST 2006

Jean-Claude Nouchy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to layer the render and I needed a normal map raster as well
> ... but when OBJ render is set to "polygons as subdivision surfaces" i
> cant get normals out.. just black. to get normals I have to "go back" to
> subdivide SOP for a smooth geomtry and normal raster..
>
> any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
>

> cheers.

I actually have another question related to this one.

since by now the only way by having normals in my case.. is by using
takes... but obviosuly on the "normal" pass I also have the Color
raster.. is there a way to set mantra to render JUST normal raster? (or
any other raster.. but just alone without the Color).

cheers.

--
:: jean-claude
:: mimgfx dot com