[Sidefx-houdini-list] Companies using Houdini in Shanghai or Beijing ??

zhang xiao zhangxiao6776 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 22:24:36 EST 2006

Hi, Dave:
no problem, I'm glad you found it's useful.
     The one in beijing:
     http://www.hualong-digital.com/

     The one in shanghai:
     http://www.sfsdigital.com/

in terms of training, the current situation is that usually the cg company
will have some kind of training
program, it's a way of surviving and getting cash flow, for example, the
studio above in shanghai has
a big  traning  program,  sort of like Rythm&HUE's apprentice,  but
students pay the high tuition instead
of company paying you( I respect Rythm&Hue for what they offered for
apprentice very much). and in
China, the company usually offer some kind of certificate(like maya
certificate and sh*t like that) at the
end of training, so if you don't get a job after the training, at least you
get a piece of paper, and it's very
important for people to have some kinda certificate in china, i know it's
nonsense in term of cg industry,
but that's how things work in china right now, hopefully not forever.
For college education, there are a lot of schools with animation programs,
both art schools and universities,
if you have MFA degree with industry credits, you will be capable for a
professor position, as a matter of
fact, you will be hot:O). a couple of universities have already invited some
foreign instructors.
what else you want to know?:O)
    xiao