[Sidefx-houdini-list] Companies using Houdini in Shanghai or Beijing ??

zhang xiao zhangxiao6776 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:27:03 EST 2006

Hi, Ammon:
     Did you see Promise yet? I don't know how western audiance respond to
the film, but in china,
people seems didn't appreciate the director's ambition and effort, maybe
it's because of the
story. Same thing happend to Ang Lee's <<crouching tiger hidden dragon>> and
Zhang Yimou's
wu xiang epic films, although they all did pretty good on box office. It's a
good sign to see these
big budget films come out from mainland china anyway, however we still have
a lot to catch up
in every aspects of film making, including VFX, the thing happened to
<<PROMISE>> is, they didn't
have careful plan for the effects, so the schedule was pretty much f*** up
at the end. But they are
learning. The VFX was done by HONGKONG studio-central, the same studio who
did vfx for
<<shaolin soccer>> and <<kongfu hustle>>.
xiao