[Sidefx-houdini-list] Companies using Houdini in Shanghai or Beijing ??

zhang xiao zhangxiao6776 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 20:36:00 EST 2006

it depends, I know a couple of big projects went to hongkong and australia,
such as <<hero>>, <<house of flying dagger>>,
currently there are only two local vfx studios which are capable of doing
some feature vfx works, one in Shanghai, the other one in
Beijing(hongkong is better, there are three of them:O)), they are used to be
state owned, but now they shoud be private company,
and they are hungry about any projects they can lay hands on. The thing is
the local film industry in mainland china has a lot of
problems need to solve at first, otherwise, it's hard for any studio to
survive. But the good news is, the goverment is beginning to
seriously look into it, and a lot of "animation/cg  industry harbors" have
already been(or are going to be) built all over the china,
big investors are still holding their chips, but at least local goverments
are willing to give some money to starup cg houses.
If it sounds complicate, it's only half of it once you know how things work
in china:O),hope it's helpful to you anyway.
xiao