[Sidefx-houdini-list] Companies using Houdini in Shanghai or Beijing ??

Ammon Riley ammon at rhythm.com
Thu Jan 19 20:26:23 EST 2006

Dave Nunez wrote:
> Do you know if the highend work is going overseas (Australia, Europa,
> N. America)?

This is amusing, when you consider that half the people "overseas"
(at least, in North America) are worried that everything is going
going "overseas" to where you are!

Given that the Western world is sending stuff out to Asia, India, etc
because it's cheaper than doing the work in North America, I highly
doubt that any work is flowing the other direction. Nor, I think, will
that ever happen until the productions can withstand million (and more)
dollar VFX budgets, either.

Cheers,
Ammon

         Ammon Riley  *  Senior Pipeline Programmer *  ammon at rhythm.com