[Sidefx-houdini-list] mantra -u question

Dan Seddon dan.seddon at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Jan 18 14:41:04 EST 2006

Is this self reflection? Maybe try providing a phantom version of your
object (without the -u option)? It might be considering the target
object as flatterned in UV space too (do shadows work) - or possibly the
other way round (though this is less likely as you'd think other things
would render out incorrectly).... It could be getting quite a few
different vectors wrong to give this result - though I'd expect you to
see the same errors in lighting bakes too.

Occlusion in prman is a grid render process which is technically
different from a call you would use in reflection, so if mantra is the
same maybe you could understand it's not having the same bugs.

Ta

Dan