[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini skills in Resume?

Ivan DeWolf ivan at martian-labs.com
Mon Jan 16 14:23:32 EST 2006

Quoting rafal <baq8 at op.pl>:

> I've thought about one thing. Who is more valuable for fx/movie studio,
> one who knows Maya and MEL or one who knows Houdini? And this 'one' is
> of course very creative and have many own ideas for FXs and animations,
> etc,etc

that depends on the pipeline at the studio.
Some smaller studios have a more Maya-centric pipeline, since it's easier to
find freelancers.

We have hired students with literally zero production experience and
immediateley used them as TD's on feature films, simply because they knew
Houdini. It worked out for us, he was actually pretty good (Hi, Tom!).

It's not a marketing gimmick, I don't know any unemployed Houdini artists.
not one. I have several friends who struggle to find Maya work, there's a lot of
competition for them.

Can you find an unemployed Houdini artists? Where's waldo?

> Rafal

-Ivan