[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini skills in Resume?

rafal baq8 at op.pl
Mon Jan 16 08:13:24 EST 2006

Hi people!

    There were some post about job, so maybe U are just little tired of
it but I'll just try to ask...

    Just finished all my FX for reel and now I'm in the rendering
process of these, so it can takes two or three months to finish. I must
mention all these r made in Maya. During this time my Maya app will be
busy so I can do something else like developing more advanced skills in
Houdini.

    I just wanna ask experienced users what you think about Houdini in
resume and people who look for job in this industry? When I look at
sites like highEnd3D or creativeHeads I see very often companies look
for peoplea who know both maya+mel. Houdini jobs are very rare(yesterday
I just saw Houdini job post on highEnd3d by DD). I've heard from one
that: "if U know Houdini U will get job very quick" but it rather sound
like marketing slogan.

    I see that it's not hard to learn it. Many said that learning curve
is steep. I don't understand, it's much more easier than Maya. So I
think there are many Houdini users who posses beginner level knowledge
of this app. What employers would like to see, what Houdini skills? I
don't think anybody will get job just becouse he know software.

    I've also read some story from one guy on odForce that he has a Maya
only reel and very little Houdini experience but decided to sent it to
one company and ... he get this job beocuse he mention in resume about
Houdini.