[Sidefx-houdini-list] Popup delay?

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Thu Jan 12 16:25:44 EST 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 15:45, Peter Bowmar wrote:
> 	Whenever I use a popup menu (tab in the viewport, Shaded/Wire menu etc)
> Houdini pins the CPU full on, and does nothing until I move the mouse!

	No interesting envars set?  My hconfig is pretty bare with regard to X stuff.

	I doubt it's window manager stuff, smells like low level X stuff.  This
happens over viewports only, or any tab operation in Houdini?

	I remember in the past there was some sort of thing that had to be emulated
by software regarding tab popups - overlays or something.  The higher end
cards you had to make sure had this off, otherwise it dragged horribly.
Might be old news now, though.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada