[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini crashes...

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Thu Jan 12 13:30:49 EST 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 13:05, Mark Alexander wrote:
> I also found some interesting notes in the Nvidia linux driver readme
> (that you can download in full from
> http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/1.0-2880/README.txt).

	Excellent info, Mark..thanks.

	For anyone using x64 on Linux, there is another vital stability issue which
we have hunted down here - look at:

http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/1.0-8178/README/appendix-l.html

	If you're using the 2.6 kernels, it's imperative that you upgrade it to at
least 2.6.11.  Previous releases had a problem that NVidia worked around, but
that workaround causes stability issues.  I can assure everyone firsthand,
they are real.  :)  Since upgrading to SUSE 10, no crashes.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada