[Sidefx-houdini-list] Behavioral type animation

rafal baq8 at op.pl
Thu Jan 12 09:31:03 EST 2006

    First: I came from Maya background. So I thought I can do this in
Maya but.... it can takes large amount of time becouse I should learn
MEL on more advanced level. Second: I saw one ILM guy dvd about
instancing(Maya also) who explain how made it using particles
expression. Generally speaking, he has cycles of a characters
animations: run, crawl, etc, and also transitions, so transition from
example run to crawl. I'm not programnmer so I still try to analize his
mel code, but again it takes time.

    I thought it can be simpler in Houdini coz everyone says it allows
one to do advanced stuff with little programming/scripting(maybe I'm
wrong). Talking about collisions I get an idea to fake it. So when U got
two points on surface: A --> human , B --> collisionObject , it should
be enough to compute distance between these two and when distance is
lower than certain value proper cycles should be played.

    I can't answer, yet, for rest questions :/

r|m