[Sidefx-houdini-list] Channels loading/saving "issue"...

Jean-Claude Nouchy jclaude at mimgfx.com
Wed Jan 11 09:34:00 EST 2006

or maybe is just me.. but here's my scenario i want to show you and get
your feedbacks..

Example step by step in spoken language:

First example.

assuming your timeline is 25fps 100 total frames.

- create a box.
- add a transform SOP
- add a keyframe value 0 frame 1
- add a keyframe value 5 frame 10
- shift-LMB on the transform animated values (scope channels)
- zoom out the channel view (for example to see frames from -40 to 120)
- animate->export channels (ASCII)
- "home" the channel viewport (to see frames 1 to 100)
- animate->import channels.

see result.

Second example

assuming your timeline is 25fps 100 total frames.

- create a box.
- add a transform SOP
- add a keyframe value 0 frame 1
- add a keyframe value 5 frame 10
- shift-LMB on the transform animated values (scope channels)
- "home" the channel viewport (to see frames 1 to 100)
- animate->export channels (ASCII)
- zoom out the channel view (for example to see frames from -40 to 120)
- animate->import channels.

see result.

my point is ... why the import/export of channels doesnt just cares
about the actual fcurve/keyframes?? aint (from help) the .chan file a
list of FRAMES (one per line) and values?...

What i'd expect from the above behavior.. would at least be an option in
the channel editor that enable/disable the "adapt on viewport" when
import/export.. or something like that smile.gif

cheers.

--
:: jean-claude
:: mimgfx dot com