[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini crashes...

Floyd Gillis floyd at afcg.com
Tue Jan 10 13:53:22 EST 2006

Houdini is stable for me and I'm not experiencing any crashes or hangs.
I have noticed the big slow-down with compositing from Houdini 7 to
Houdini 8 though.  (I'm still running h8.383... I know there have been
improvements to the compositor since).

However, I am using older hardware...

2.0 GHz P4 with Quadro 4 700 XGL
Debian 3.1 (2.4 kernel)
nVidia 7676 drivers.

... and I'm probably not pushing Houdini as hard as most of you are.

Floyd