[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini crashes...

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:22:56 EST 2006

Hey Jed,
     COPs got a couple of big bugs fixed, and I just discovered this:
Using Nvidia drivers 7676 (Linux, OpenSUSE 10) and turning OFF
fragment shaders plus setting RGB Component Display to Software
Grayscale has pretty much removed all my problems. I'm a cheapo FX
5200 card, and it works great now. 8 is quite stable at least from a
graphics standpoint.
    Unfortunately, a lot of problems with Houdini are OpenGL related.
Other apps just don't use GL as heavily so don't suffer as much from
driver and card issues.

Cheers,

Peter B