[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini crashes...

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Sat Jan 7 15:56:53 EST 2006

I've got to chime in on this-

I'm just restarting a composite I've been working on for the
afternoon for the 4th time- No I haven't lost anything critical but
the time it has taken to re-start several times. I save religiously
because I know houdini is going to crash sometime in the corse of
tweaking a ramp or running mplay..

I find this to be totally unacceptable performance for software the
we just recently paid a huge fee to license for another year-  I love
this software and truly appreciate the power and flexibility of
houdini, but... and its a big BUT, I think its time we all make a lot
of noise about stability issues!

My studio is very small so I am able to update houdini with the
latest builds without much problem, but I'm not seeing any really
helpful advances in stability from the latest builds-

I think we really need to make some serious noise about this issue-!

Rant over- systems up, back to work--

Jed-