[Sidefx-houdini-list] Skin SOP Flipping

Dan Seddon dan.seddon at framestore-cfc.com
Sat Jan 7 10:40:29 EST 2006

Hi Rick

What you have is almost there - you have two problems. The first is that
your cookie is making more than one intersection on some frames. To
solve this you want to throw away small curves - use the measure sop to
calculate the size of the curves coming out of merge1, then a delete sop
with "Delete by  Expression" and set the expression to "$PERIMETER<5".
This should solve this problem.

Then - it just looks like the point sorting isn't working. Try this:

Create yourself a grid which you are going to use as a "knife" (reduce
it's rows and colums to 2x2 and make it a mesh)  - position the grid as
though it were to cut the curve (but only once for each curve - not all
the way through).

Now do just that - create a "Curvesect Sop" and put the output of the
delete sop in to the first input and the grid in to the second. This
should add another point to each of the curves, but in a similar place
on each one  - this will become the first and last  vertex for each
curve (as all the curves are rebuilt when you do this), so you can now
use another sort sop (sorting by vertex order) to reorder your curves so
they all line up. You shouldn't need the other sort.

Hope that makes sense.

Dan