[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini crashes...

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Fri Jan 6 08:50:29 EST 2006

I guess it comes back to the question again as to
how difficult ( building Houdini for OSX) would
be.

I'll add that we also don't seem to get a ton of crashes
here ( on FC4) but when it does happen 90%
of the time it's in COPs.

Our dual G5 is definitely a very solid, snappy machine.
...... and although I wouldn't be looking to move full
tilt over to OSX ( for running Houdini) it would be great
to be able to utilize the OSX machines in addition to
the Linux workstations ....... especially over night.

Would this be a huge investment of time and money
on SESI's part?? Is it still not worth the trouble??
Has it worked out for Maya??

Larry

--
Larry Giunta