[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini crashes...

Dan Seddon dan.seddon at framestore-cfc.com
Thu Jan 5 13:34:47 EST 2006

I think it's got slightly less stable over the years as it's become more
complex (something I think is understandable) - I reckon it peaked for
it's stabilty in about version 3.0. But, I wouldn't say it suddenly
become a lot less stable. Having said that, I have this funny thing
going on at the moment where it crashes every time I exit (actually
pretty handy because Houdini used to be the only app I knew which took
longer to close down than open up). Previously I've found that, where
it's not bugs, memory is this biggest culpret when it comes to stability
- sounds especially likely if you've got some fancy new machines which
seem more stable. I find graphics card crashes tend to be distinctly
different from other crashes - machine freezes, bombs out etc... Where's
software bugs/memory failures result in segmentation faults.

Dan