[Sidefx-houdini-list] Re: New computer not fast

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:23:28 EST 2006

Hi Doug,
    Unless I missed it, you didn't say if you're using multithreading
in Mantra or not. I think a single-threaded test would be more
accurate in some ways. A 1.6ghz Athlon is known as a "2000+" and
should be equivalent to a 2ghz P4. The "3800" is 'supposed' to mean
equiv to a 3.8ghz P4 but of course it's all marketing hooey.

Cheers,

Peter B