[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Mental Ray Setup

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 07:16:06 EST 2006

Hi Everybody..........
 Wanted to ask some thing abt Houdini MentalRay setup. I went thru the docs at odwiki. They r good, but I have some doubts.
 After creating shader declaration file(mi file) we create C Skeleton from it using mkmishader tool. Then we create ds (Dialog Script) from mi File. And Keep it in houdini/shop location. Then we specify the ds file in SHOPsurface file. I got everything right upto this point. But how to use the C file we created. We have to compile it, right ???? How to compile it. If not, where to keep the mi and C file.
 how to link the ds file with the C file??????

 Waiting for ur Reply.

 ----------iamjaideep80
 Jaideep Khadilkar
 TD,Sciclone Motion Graphics