[Sidefx-houdini-list] Running a script to set variables from a C-shell script

Colin Doncaster colin.doncaster at rsp.com.au
Mon Feb 27 19:25:30 EST 2006

What part of it isn't working?  Is it a problem with the c-shell
script or with hscript not reading the variables.

My gut feeling is that you're running the script "bunchofvariables"
by actually executing it when you really need to source it.  So
what's happening is all those variables are getting set in the
"bunchofvariables" execution environment and not being inherited back
into your current cshell scripts environment.  If you source it it
should behave as expected.  If you actually are sourcing it then
double check to make sure your variables are getting set in the scope
of the cshell environment that you're running hscript in.

colin.

Colin Doncaster Some Guy -- colin.doncaster at rsp.com.au
rising sun pictures -- http://www.rsp.com.au/
direct line +61 (0)2 9338 6432
mobile ph +61 (0)4 1011 1709
syd ph +61 (0)2 9338 6400 -- fx +61 (0)2 9338 6401
15/16 charles street, redfern, sydney, nsw 2016
adl ph +61 (0)8 8400 6400 -- fx +61 (0)8 8400 6401
level 1, 133 gouger street, adelaide, sa 5000
rising sun research - http://www.risingsunresearch.com/