[Sidefx-houdini-list] Running a script to set variables from a C-shell script

Thomas Johnson ntmatter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:16:49 EST 2006

On 2/27/06, Robert Persons <robert at adtechinc.com> wrote:
> I have c shells scripts that render ROPS, and I can successfully set
> variables (such as; "set renw = 720") before rendering. That works.  But
> what I would like to do is to run another script from within the c shell
> script to set several variables at once. Such as running the script
> "bunchofvariables" from the c shell, and the "bunchofvariables" script
> would have many of the "set x = 400" type commands. This isn't working
> for me.

I'm not entirely sure, but aren't variables declared with "set" scoped
to the current script and any of its child processes/programs/scripts?
You might want to try using something like "setenv" to make the
variables globally visible to the entire system. This of course comes
with some drawbacks like the possible clobbering of important global
variables, and you might want to have a script that unsets the created
vars as well. In this case, you might want to toss on your own little
prefix on each variable (ie, ROBERT_MYVAR1)