[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini crashes...

Dries dries at urga.be
Mon Feb 27 14:13:42 EST 2006

Yes, if I have to I'll do the searching with hexpand, but I'm suspecting
the reason why the path object works on 32bit originated files and not
on new files when using 64bit houdini is internal kitchen compiling
peculiarties. So as John suggested on the forums, probably wiser to get
the 32 bit version running as it should under Ubuntu. So, the call still
stands: who is running houdini on Ubuntu on a 64 bit machine (either in
32bit or 64bit mode). At what time do you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable
('cause in gnome, it seems that this var gets overwritten when in
/etc/profile), and what does your /etc/ld.so.conf file look like?

So, I thought of the same, but I doubt I'll ever pin it down like that
Ben. As a last option, i'll keep it open. If I haven's swithed to SUSE
by then.