[Sidefx-houdini-list] houdini crashes...

Dries dries at urga.be
Mon Feb 27 11:34:01 EST 2006

Does anybody out here has 64bit Houdini running on Debian or Ubuntu?
Apart from this path object bug, there doesn't seem to be any other
issue. I noticed that the crash occurs only when moving the mouse. You
can set a start point but moving the mouse after that segmentation
faults. Grrr. I'm so close. The REALLY weird thing is that when using a
.hip file that was started on a 32 bit version, the path object works
just fine. A new hip file doesn't.
Among the things I've tried to resolve this: delete all the non-default
otl's, rename my $HOME/houdini8.0 directory, create new desktop,... I
tried all this with the latest 64 bit build: 8.0.517

I also tried to revert back to a 32 bit version (8.0.523), but then
houdini doesn't seem to recognize my nfs mounts anymore. Could
ASSUME_KERNEL have something to do with that?

System information:
AMD 64x2 (dual core)
kernel 2.6.12-10-amd64-k8-smp
Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT PCI Express
Nvidia drivers 1.0-8178

At first I thought the path object bug was related to openGL graphics,
but I'm ruling that out now since I have the same problem on a machine
with AGP 8x Geforce 5200.

Can somebody help me pin down this little bugger?

Thanks.

Dries.