[Sidefx-houdini-list] How To Modify A Menu Thru Hscript

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 01:12:34 EST 2006

Hi Ben..........
 "hexpand" is a good idea. I will give it a try. But It would have been better if Houdini had that. I tried MenuScript and it works fine. I wish there was some kind of ParamScript to define paameters also. Any way, thank for ur Reply.

 -------------iamjaideep80
 Jaideep Khadilkar
 TD,Sciclone Motion Graphics.

Ben Schrijvers <Ben.Schrijvers at framestore-cfc.com> wrote: But on the other hand you can change whatever on an digital asset though
scripting once it's saved to a OTL.
What I mean is that you can use the "hexpand " command to
turn the otl into a directory structure.
In that directory are ascii files that discribe the digital assets that
are in the OTL.
You could change them using whatever scripting language and the use
"hcollapse " to turn it into a single otl.
Then to refresh the hda in your file you could use one of the ot*
hscript command.

But this might be overcomplicating what you actually want to do. Or are
you building a production pipeline that needs another digital asset for
each shot or project?

success...
benS