[Sidefx-houdini-list] How To Modify A Menu Thru Hscript

Rick Walia rickw at the-mill.com
Thu Feb 23 09:54:12 EST 2006

If I need custom attributes ala maya, I usually just create a spare
channel, err I mean spare parameter.
spare parmeters can be added, removed and listed via hscript.

In the textport type:
help opspare

Snippet from texport help
/ ------------------------------------------------------------------
        Spare parameters can be added to an operator for extra control.
        Unlike creating new parameters for Operator Types, creating a
        spare parameter only adds the parameter to the node (or nodes)
        specified, not all nodes of that type.

        Spare parameters can be keyframed, referenced and added to
        Takes. Unless referenced by a node parameter, spare parameters
        are ignored by the node they are attached to.

Hope this helps,

/Rick