[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini Help in Firefox

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 07:05:35 EST 2006

On 2/22/06, Jaideep Khadilkar <iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Joe.
>  Thank u for ur Reply.
>  But I have some doubts. I followed your link page, I made the changes to package file, but how to execute "dpkg-reconfigure shared-mime-info" command.
>  when I give this command in terminal, it gives me an error message "command not found". I am using bash, is it because of that?????
What linux distribution are you using. The dpkg-reconfigure is a
command to manage Debian packages, are you using Debian or any other
else derivated from it, like Ubuntu?
If not, then you have to use other commands to reconfigure your
package. Rpm have option similar to dpkg-reconfigure.
>  Can the opening problem is because of java plugin installation. I installed new Firefox 1.5 and copied java plugin to its plugin directory, and there, help pages are working fine. But for some reasons I want to use it with 1.0.7 version which is default firefox installed by linux. Where can I find the installation folder for this? Is it the same as /home/username/.mozilla ????
>  I copied the same java plugin to this directory, but its not working.
>  Plz Help..
>

>  --------iamjaideep80
>  Jaideep Khadilkar
>  TD,Sciclone Motion Graphics
>

> Joe Drew <joe at sidefx.com> wrote: Hi Jaideep,
>
> Check out
> http://www.se.eecs.uni-kassel.de/~thm/Linux/mozilla-xml-xsl.html for
> information on how to fix the MIME settings on your machine.
>
> Incidentally, I'm pretty sure this problem is fixed in Firefox 1.5.
>
> Joe

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez