[Sidefx-houdini-list] Anisotropic work around?

Peter Riel peter at basecampvfx.com
Sun Feb 19 12:18:43 EST 2006

Hey Jim,

  Yes, it's surprising there is no updated anisotropic shader that works on
polys. Especially since polys are pretty much all conquering these days.
 I use anisotropic highlights often, not just on metals... it gives you yet
another way of hiding that awesome CG phong specular we get by default... ;)

As far as I can understand from the topic on the forum, there is a way to
calculate smooth tangents for the highlight shader, but for a fool like me to
implement it in a vop network is another story.

Peter